1. Any family with a child diagnosed with DIPG in the United States prior to the child’s 18th birthday is eligible for consideration.
2. Grants are also made available to any family with a child diagnosed with a pediatric brain tumor being treated in San Antonio. Child must be in current treatment and not be in remission for more than one year. If the child is NOT under current treatment and is in hospice care, the application will be reviewed and special consideration for expedited grant approval will be made.
3. The applicant must be the parent or legal guardian of the diagnosed child and the primary caregiver of the child. A photocopy of the child’s birth certificate or other evidence of parental or guardian status must be submitted with the application. Applicants must reside in the United States.
4. The application must be accompanied by a signed letter from the child’s treating physician on that physician’s letterhead stating the child’s full name, date of birth, diagnosis and date of last treatment provided. Child must be in current treatment or referred to hospice.
5. All sections of the application must be completed and all accompanying documents must be submitted in order for our Finance/Grant Committee to review the request. Failure to provide complete information is a basis for denial of an application.
6. Assistance may be requested once during any 12-month period.
7. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions concerning the application process.